Upper NON-adjustable rear Control Arms '78-'87 G-Body
New upper NON-adjustable "solid" rear control arms for '78-'87 GM G-bodies with special Polyurethane bushings. All the best characteristics from the many different designs available were taken and wrapped all up into one, and included several improvements. They are equipped with both straight and custom 45 degree grease fittings to ensure easy access on all cars. The grease enters an area between the two poly bushing inserts, and is directed to the inner spacer. Once there, the grease coats the inner spacer 360 degrees around, through several grooves in the poly bushings. This will eliminate any possible binding or squeaking, and allow quicker movement for improved performance. Also included with every pair of control arms is a pair of custom poly bushings with grease fittings , for the top ears/brackets on the rearend housing. These custom new control arms will allow enough flex for comfortable street driving, but also be stiff enough to perform under the most severe racing conditions. These are a direct bolt-in replacement for the stock lower rear control arms on the following vehicles:
They will provide more stability for better handling, quicker acceleration and lower 60 ft. times, and are designed to work great on the street & track without any compromises in either area.
- '82-'87 Buick Regal (GN, GN-X, T-Type, WE-4)
- '82-'87 Chevy El Camino
- '82-'83 Chevy Malibu
- '82-'88 Chevy Monte Carlo
- '82-'87 GMC Caballero
- '82-'88 Olds Cutlass RWD
- '82-'86 Pontiac Bonneville
- '82-'87 Pontiac Grand Prix
We believe that they are equal or better and should outperform other control arms available at much higher prices. They are an excellent upgrade from the stock components, and are designed for street and track at any HP level.
- CNC machined/threaded round steel tubing
- Super thick 1/4" steel U-bent brackets with extra clearance
- Special welding equipment & process for superior strength
- Black powdercoat finish, best heavy-duty coating available
- Custom Polyurethane bushings from Energy Suspensions*
- Special grease grooves in bushings and grease fittings included
- Custom machined inner steel spacer for improved performance
- Custom bushings #0500 for top ears/brackets on rearend housing
- All necessary grade 10.9 hardware to install, plated for rust prevention
- Easy to upgrade/install, with detailed instructions included
- One Year limited warranty, applies under racing conditions
- Comes complete and partially assembled, ready to install
As noted above, there are many improvements even over the stock arms that have been boxed with upgraded Poly bushings. Our design will transfer power to the ground quicker than other arms with Poly bushings, and ride much smoother on the street than "rod-end" type or solid bushing styles. These control arms have been proven by Terry Houston at 8.60's and over 160 mph.
The bushings that are in the top ears/brackets on your rearend housing are extremely difficult to remove and install. That is why we have a tool that makes both removing and installing VERY easy to do. This tool makes doing this bushing upgrade a breeze, and saves hours of aggravation, and comes well recommended by many who have done this the hard way.
We also have a double-adjustable style of upper rear control arms available for the above applications.